Permeate is a by-product from milk or whey produced by membrane concentration.
Once proteins and fat, which make up the retentate, are released, we obtain :
Essentially comprised of lactose and minerals, these permeates, once spray dried, are used in various food applications such as :
Their lactose content also improves product browning (Maillard reaction) in pastry and baked goods applications.
- Easy to use : reduced hygroscopicity, very good fluidity,
- Adds a dairy-based extract,
- Cost optimization,
- Standardization of the milk protein content for dairy applications,
- Ideal source of lactose for a Maillard reaction,
- Milk taste and neutral smell.